Information about Cremaffin Constipation Relief Liquid Mixed Fruit
It is used to provide gentle and effective relief from constipation. It softens the stool and makes it easier to pass. It is also recommended to prevent constipation and promote healthy bowel movement. It is known to provide prompt action and can be used by adults as well as older individuals to get rid of constipation.
It contains liquid paraffin and milk of magnesia as the active ingredients. The milk of magnesia works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis. The presence of liquid paraffin is responsible for the lubricating properties which help in retaining water and fat in the stools. This helps to ease bowel movement and aids in smooth defecation. It is available in 225ml & 450ml bottles in mixed fruit and mint flavors.
This syrup is safe when taken as advised by your doctor. It is also recommended for use in children. It is best to take this medicine at bedtime, preferably with water and if necessary, again in the morning or as advised by the physician. However, avoid taking it in excess as that may cause certain side effects such as abdominal cramps, vomiting, and nausea.
- Liquid Paraffin: 3.75 ml
- Milk of Magnesia: 11.25 ml
Key uses/benefits of Cremaffin Liquid Syrup:
- Provides gentle and effective relief from constipation
- Provides prompt defecation in around 8 hours
- Helps in softening the stool by drawing water through osmosis
- Promotes healthy bowel movement and improves bowel function
- Lubricates the intestinal lining which helps in easy passing of the stools
- Does not cause digestion problems such as gas and bloating
- Suits kids, adults as well as older people and is sugar-free
Directions for use:
It should be taken as advised by your doctor. However, the best time to take this syrup is at bedtime, preferably with water and if necessary, again in the morning. The ideal dosage of this liquid for:
- Adults and children over 12 years: 1/2 to 1 tablespoons.
- Children aged between 5 to 12 years: 1-2 teaspoonfuls before meals or bedtime.
- Children aged between 3 to 5 years: 1/2 to 1 teaspoonful or as advised by the doctor.
Quick tips for Cremaffin Liquid Syrup:
- If you are planning to use this medicine, ensure that you use it only for a short period of time and to treat occasional constipation.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking as they may affect or be affected by this medicine.
- It is not advised to take this medicine along with other laxatives as it may increase the risk of gastrointestinal side effects.
- Always stay hydrated when taking this medicine as it helps to improve your bowel movement.
- Read the label carefully before use, and do not exceed the recommended dosage of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this syrup, inform your doctor immediately.
- If you are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medication.
- As these laxatives pull excess water from surrounding tissues, it is important to drink more water when taking these medicines to increase efficacy and prevent cramping and gas.
Side effects of Cremaffin Liquid Syrup:
This syrup, when taken as advised by your doctor, may not cause any side effects. However, when taken in excess or for a prolonged period of time, it can cause gastrointestinal side effects such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, stomach pain, and even diarrhea.
Storage and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Keep away from children.
- Prolonged use is not recommended.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Store at a temperature not exceeding 30⁰C.