Information about Dr Morepen Gluco One BG 03 Blood Glucose Test Strip
These test strips help to measure the concentration of glucose in the blood. It acts as a reliable and convenient self-testing method when used along with a blood glucose monitor. All you need to do is prick your finger and put a drop or two on the test strip and place it in the monitor for results. It helps you to provide quick and reliable results in the comfort of your place. It can be used for both professional (at clinics) as well as personal (at home) use.
It is very simple to use. You have to remove a single diabetes test strip from the box of strips. Insert it into the slot on the glucometer just before you prick your finger. So, it will be easy to add your blood sample onto the strip and get the results. In case of any doubt, read the instructions on the glucometer beforehand.
It is wise to check the test strips before use carefully for better results. Also, always check the expiry date on the test strips and lancets before buying. This is because, the use of outdated strips can give incorrect readings, and thus, serve no purpose. Do wash your hands thoroughly with an antiseptic hand-wash before the test.
Key benefits/uses of Dr. Morepan Gluco One BG-03 Test Strip:
- Helps to measure blood glucose level
- Provides you with information on how your treatment program affects your blood glucose level
- Helps to test blood glucose frequently which in turn allows you to keep your diabetes in control
- Requires only a tiny drop of blood for the test
- Helps you to monitor glucose level at any time and anywhere
- Can be used to keep a regular tab on your sugar levels at your home
Directions for use:
Read the user manual/instruction leaflet carefully before using the strips. However, here is a step-by-step guide you need to follow to check your blood glucose level at home with the help of a glucose monitor.
- The first step is to wash your hands with soap and water, pat dry it with a towel. You can also use an alcohol swab to clean your finger before testing but ensure the fingertip is completely dry before you test.
- Remove the diabetes test strip from the box of strips. Insert it into the slot on the glucometer just before you prick your finger.
- Next, use a clean lancet (a device that holds the needle) or insert a clean needle in the lancet, which can help you to prick the end of your finger.
- Prick the side of your fingertip and wait till blood oozes out. Wipe off the first drop gently and then put a drop or two onto the designated place on a test strip attached to the glucometer.
- Hold a clean cotton pad or gauze on the prick site to stop blood flow. Apply pressure on the area of the insertion until the bleeding stops.
- Your blood glucose level will appear on the meter’s display. Note down your readings as it helps you to monitor your glucose levels from time to time.
- Repeat this procedure every time you test your blood glucose level.