Tiger Balm contains Cajput oil,camphor, levomenthol and clove oil. Tiger Balm is a topical pain reliever made from herbal and plant-based sources. It is used as a remedy for joint and muscle pain associated with arthritis and minor injury, as well as headaches and muscle tension. It works well in any kind of muscle pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, sprain and strain.
Role of key ingredients:
- Menthol is a compound with analgesic effects. Menthol targets kappa-opioid receptors in the brain, resulting in temporary relief from minor pain.
- Camphor has analgesic properties, and it works by desensitizing the vanilloid receptor, which plays a role in the brain’s detection of pain-causing stimuli.
- Cajuput Oil acts as a counterirritant, distracting the brain from the underlying source of pain.
- Clove Bud Oil is an effective topical pain reliever. It contains eugenol, a compound with anti-inflammatory; numbing, or anesthetic; and painkilling effects.
- Tiger Balm can be used by Adults and children above the age 2 in musculo skeletal pain.
- Do not use Tiger Balm to treat headaches in children.
- Tiger Balm may cause redness, skin irritation and rashes. In this case, stop using Tiger Balm immediately