Bio-D3 Plus Soft Gelatin Capsule is a dietary supplement formulated with calcium and vitamin D3 that promotes bone and joint health. It helps in muscle contraction, muscle building and flexibility of joints. It may help improve bone health and lower osteoporosis risk.
- Calcitriol (1,25- DiHydroxyl – Vitamin D3)
- Elemental Calcium (Derived From Calcium Carbonate)
- It is a dietary supplement that supports bone and joint health
- Calcium boosts collagen synthesis, aids muscle function, helps build muscle strength and enhances recovery
- Vitamin D3 can help improve bone density, bone strength and muscle functions
- Vitamin D helps efficient absorption of calcium and phosphorus by the body
- Calcium helps maintain normal heart rhythm and muscle contractions along with building bones
- Calcium is used for building and maintaining healthy bones
- It helps in the normal functioning of nerves, cells, and muscles
- It is helpful for bone formation and development of the baby
- It helps to increase the levels of Vitamin D3 in the milk of breastfeeding women
Good to Know: Helps to treat Vitamin D deficiency
Effects of Deficiency:
- Weak and brittle bones
Product Form: Capsule
Directions for Use:
Use as directed on the label or as prescribed by your medical practitioner.
- Read the product label carefully before use
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult a doctor before taking any supplement
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage
- Pregnant or nursing mothers, children, and people with medical conditions must consult a physician before taking this supplement
Quick Tips: Do not take iron and calcium supplements together, as the absorption of calcium may get hindered
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Why do you need calcium?
Calcium plays a crucial role in maintaining strong bones and teeth. This essential mineral also facilitates nerve signal transmission, helps blood clotting, and aids in the contraction and relaxation of muscles.
Q. How much calcium and Vitamin D do I need?
According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) guidelines, the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of calcium depends on age. The recommended dietary allowance of calcium for Indian adults is 600 mg, whereas, for pregnant and lactating women, it is 1200 mg. ICMR recommends a daily supplement of 400 IU/day of Vitamin D3 for Indians, emphasising outdoor activities to achieve adequate Vitamin D.
Q. Can this medicine be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
This medicine is considered safe for consumption by pregnant and breastfeeding women. Your doctor will prescribe an appropriate dose based on your clinical condition.
Q. Is it safe to consume alcohol while taking this medication?
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. It is advisable to consult your doctor before consumption.
Q. How long does it take for this medicine to take effect?
There are no well-established studies to back up the onset of the effects of this medicine. However, it is best to consult with your doctor first.